#EmpowerHalfHour – Take 30 minutes to try these activities to boost your wellbeing at work.
Maintaining good mental health during the fertility journey is important for patients but also for the staff that are supporting them. This is Mental Health Awareness Week and MHFA England has suggested the following activities that can promote good wellbeing at work.
Everyone in the Bourn Hall family – both patients and staff – work together to manage the emotional stress, so we thought that these exercises might be helpful to share.
Group games and goals can bring people together. Try:
- Scavenger hunt
- Team quiz
- Goal setting: what will bring you closer as a team?
Show your support for your teammates:
- Take turns to discuss each person’s best qualities
- Invite someone new for coffee or lunch
- Share lunch with colleagues – each bring a different dish
Connect with colleagues by discussing your life outside of work. What are your:
- Secret skills
- Much-loved hobbies
- Weekend plans
Get active, a health body helps a healthy mind so why not:
- Set up a walking meeting
- Try chair yoga
- Bring in a fitness instructor for a lunchtime group class
Open your mind and calm your thoughts:
- Try mindfulness as team
- Explore meditation
- Turn off your tech! No apps, no emails, no talking – let your mind quieten