What treatments are available to male same-sex couples?

Male same-sex couples will require a surrogate to carry the pregnancy for them and will require donor eggs. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) requires that couples that seek surrogacy in the UK (the commissioning couple) must be married or in a stable, long-term relationship.

Although we can find an egg donor and advise on the criteria for a suitable surrogate, we are not allowed by the HFEA to locate a surrogate for any couple. There are a number of surrogacy agencies in the UK that might be able to help, but it could also be someone from your own circle of friends or family.