We are open. We are safe. We are family.
As we move out of the national lockdown, this page will contain updates regarding our roadmap back to normality.
From Monday 10 May 2021, we’re pleased to let you know that partners will be allowed to attend pregnancy scans, insemination and embryo transfer. Screening and isolation measures remain unchanged for now.
We want to reassure all our patients that our three full service clinics in Cambridge, Norwich and Wickford will remain to operate safely. In line with Government guidance, we will continue to evolve how we deliver our treatments and services safely, so you can still access the tests and treatments you need.
We will continue to be led by the government on when current restrictions can be lifted or changed, in line with the roadmap to normality, set out on Monday 22 February 2021.
In the latest statement for patients, the HFEA have said: “As the UK wide regulator of fertility clinics, we consider fertility clinics can continue to safely offer treatment during the latest lockdown. Patients should keep in contact with their clinic who can update them on any changes to their services.” You can read the full HFEA statement published on the 5 January for patients here.
After the first lockdown, in May 2020 all licensed clinics, including Bourn Hall, set out a Treatment Commencement Strategy showing how they could provide a safe service for their staff and patients during the pandemic. We are now able to start lifting some of these processes as we return to normality.
Our strategies are kept under regular review and we are following the latest guidance from the UK professional bodies – the British Fertility Society and Association of Reproductive and Clinical Scientists.
Expert care for your journey
“Personalised treatment is very important at Bourn Hall, so as we adapt to living with Covid-19 we have reviewed the way we work to ensure the safety of all,” says Laura Carter-Penman, Regional Lead Nurse who features in the above video.
“Facemasks and PPE are the most obvious signs of the ‘new normal’, but we are confident that the measures we have taken to minimise risk will enable us to deliver outstanding fertility care to our patients.”
The key safety measures we’re following to keep all patients and staff as safe as possible include:
- Our patients will be required to complete self assessment and health declaration questionnaires prior to starting their treatment
- Patients will be required to take a Covid-19 test prior to their treatment
- Women having IVF/IUI will be required to have two tests. (Further information about testing, including when to take your test can be found in our FAQs)
- Upon arrival patients will have their temperature taken by one of our team and will be provided with a mask (if required) to wear when inside the clinic
- Our colleagues will receive regular Covid-19 testing and wear appropriate PPE whilst working in our clinics
- Information is provided to patients and colleagues about social distancing and hygiene measures and hand hygiene stations and Covid-19 safety signs have been installed in all our clinic
- Partners will be permitted to attend the clinic with the patient from Monday 10 May 2021 for pregnancy scans, insemination and embryo transfer
Need more information?
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help guide you through this difficult time. If your question has not been answered and you still have concerns, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
You can also read our previous news articles, including a collaborative statement from UK fertility clinics on the national lockdown.
Free virtual open events
When you’re beginning your fertility journey, we know how hard it can be to choose the right clinic – even more so now during these difficult times when you are not able to visit one of our clinics in person.
To help you make the right choice, we are delighted to be offering virtual open events for couples and individuals who are looking to complete their family through fertility treatments.
To reserve your place at one of our virtual events, please fill out and submit the contact form found at the bottom of each event post. We will then send you a confirmation with details on how to join the event.