We are open. We are safe. We are family.
(Updated: 15 October 2021)
Following the easing of COVID-19 safety restrictions across England, our priority is to ensure that our patients and colleagues remain as safe as possible.
We will continue to maintain our existing safety measures, which includes the maintaining of social distancing, the wearing of face masks and offering virtual consultations and appointments, where possible, to minimise the number of people coming into our clinics.
Our strategies and policies are kept under regular review and we will continue to follow the latest guidance from the Government and UK professional bodies, including the HFEA, the British Fertility Society and Association of Reproductive and Clinical Scientists.
Thank you for your continued support.
Expert care for your journey
Wherever you are on your journey to parenthood, we remain here for you.
When you’re beginning your fertility journey, we know how hard it can be to choose the right clinic – to help you make the right choice, we are delighted to be offering virtual events – for more details view our upcoming events.
We are currently offering all our fertility specialist consultations virtually – our fertility nurses, doctors and specialists will conduct their consultations and treatment planning with you by video or by telephone.
Counselling and support remains available for you through virtual appointments with our counsellors, as well as our monthly Fertility Support Group offering you the opportunity to meet others who understand the pain of infertility, and a place to talk to experts in their field.
Our patient services team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm to book appointments for you, or to answer any questions that you may have.
Safety for all
“Personalised treatment is very important at Bourn Hall, so as we adapt to living with Covid-19 we have reviewed the way we work to ensure the safety of all,” says Laura Carter-Penman, Regional Lead Nurse who features in the above video.
“Facemasks and PPE are the most obvious signs of the ‘new normal’, but we are confident that the measures we have taken to minimise risk will enable us to deliver outstanding fertility care to our patients.”
The key safety measures we’re following to keep all patients and colleagues as safe as possible include:
- Our patients will be required to complete self assessment and health declaration questionnaires prior to starting their treatment
- Patients will be required to take a Covid-19 test prior to their treatment
- Partners are welcome to attend the clinic with patients for pregnancy scans, insemination and embryo transfer but will be required to take a lateral flow test on the morning of the appointment
- Upon arrival at our clinic we ask you to follow the instructions that our team has shared with you. This may require you to wait in your car until your appointment time and await a call from our team
- Before entering the clinic all patients will have their temperature taken by one of our team and will be provided with a mask (if required) to wear when inside the clinic
- Our colleagues will receive regular Covid-19 testing and wear appropriate PPE whilst working in our clinics
- Information is provided to patients and colleagues about social distancing and hygiene measures and hand hygiene stations and Covid-19 safety signs have been installed in all our clinic
- Partners are welcome to attend the clinic with patients for pregnancy scans, insemination and embryo transfer subject to completing a negative Covid lateral flow test on the morning of their appointment. You may be asked to show proof of a negative test on arrival at the clinic. Tests should be sourced yourself from the NHS online service or local pharmacy stores
Need more information?
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help guide you through this difficult time. If your question has not been answered and you still have concerns, please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.